Although you’ve been able to sync your Google Calendar with your iPhone for some time using ActiveSync, there is a limitation whereby you can only add a single ActiveSync account at one time. This isn’t a problem for most people, but if you happen to use ActiveSync for your work email, then it becomes a bit of an issue.
Adding your calendar to the phone is very simple:
- Go into “Settings”, “Mail, Contacts, Calendars”
- Choose “Add Account…”
- Select “Other” for the account type
- Under “Calendars” choose “Add CalDAV Account”
- For “Server” you need to put “https://www.google.com/calendar/dav/YOUREMAIL@DOMAIN.COM/user” (obviously replacing the YOUREMAIL@DOMAIN.COM!)
- “Username” and “Password” are your normal Google account details and “Description” is whatever you want it to be.
- Press Next, you will see an error stating that the CalDAV account could not be verified, but this doesn’t appear to actually be a problem.
- All done!
Now you should see your Google calendar in the Calendar app on the iPhone, and you should see it as an option when creating a new appointment. If you go back into “Settings”, “Mail, Contacts, Calendars” you can also set the Google calendar to be your default.